6 Things to Keep in Mind When Getting A Water Tank – Who doesn’t love the sound of raindrops on the roof while sitting snuggly inside? How much rainwater can I collect? The only thing that could make it better is knowing that you are harnessing those raindrops for future use around your home or in the garden!
The Most Common Questions Answered
- When is the best time to purchase a water tank?
- How much water do I need to store?
- What style of tank suits me and my home?
- How do I keep my water clean?
- Does it come with a 20yr warranty?
1. When is the best time to purchase a water tank?
There is no better day than today! Why wait to start gaining the benefits of having your own water tank?
2. How much water do I need to store?
This really depends on:
- What you want the rainwater for – household use (for toilets and washing machines) or for the garden
- Where you live – the amount of annual rainfall in your area
- How much roof area you have that will capture that precious water
A handy tool to help you is our water usage calculator to help you answer how much rainwater can i collect? Calculate how much rainwater your local area gets here.
3. What style of tank suits me and my home?
Depending on your property, the physical space available for your tank is crucial in tank selection.
Enduramaxx’s range is extensive, from as little as 50 ltr all the way up to our 120,000 combination tank.
You can choose different styles that suit your surrounding from a corrugated look, to smooth, to a slimline and even underground tanks.
Check out sizes and styles on our website.
4. How do I keep my water clean?
Prevention is the best solution to clean healthy water, both to reduce sludge build-up and filter contaminants such as leave and moss before entering the tank.
By taking preventative measures not only will your rainwater be healthier and cleaner it can potentially reduce on-going maintenance costs, especially when running pumps. Seals wear out quickly if grit and grime are pumped through them.
Several products form part of a sound rainwater collection system which will assist you in achieving better water quality:
- Start at your roof – ensure it is clean and clear of debris. Cut back overhanging trees to reduce leaves or pollen falling on your roof and then washing into your tank.
- Install gutter guard or take time to regularly clean your gutters – reduce leaves/airborne soil accumulating and getting washed into the tank.
- Install a rainwater filter – these prevent direct runoff of debris from the roof entering the downpipe.
- Connect a calmed inlet – these help keep water moving in the tank.
- Avoid light getting into the tank – algae require sunlight to grow.
5. Does it come with a 20 yr warranty?
You want a tank that lasts!
We’ve been building tanks for many years and know a lot about making them strong. The strength of our tanks centre around our unique design, the weight and type of Polyethylene used, and the UV protection formula.
Each tank is also tested for ‘thickness’ as well as a sample is taken that is ‘impact’ tested. Each test is recorded against the serial number of the tank, so we can trace the history of your tank.
6. Your next step
We have over 1200 distributors that proudly get our tanks in-front of their customers.
Hopefully this article ‘ 6 Things to Keep in Mind When Getting A Water Tank ‘ has helped, however, if you have any other questions, please feel free to call one of our friendly team members.
We look forward to helping you capture some precious water in the near future.