Admixture (Admix) Tanks for Concrete Batching
Admixture (Admix) Tanks for Concrete Batching, Enduramaxx’s Admixture Storage Tanks are designed for the storage of concrete additives used in ready-mix, precast batching plants and manufactured concrete products. These tanks are available single wall or double wall (bunded) tanks which have secondary containment in a range of sizes up to 30,000 litres and are available with a range of tanker and pipework options to suit pipework for the plant.
What are Concrete Admixtures (Admix)?
Admixtures are materials that are added to the concrete to give it certain characteristics not obtainable with normal concrete mixes. Admixture dosages are often less than 5% by mass of cement and are added to the concrete at the time of batching/mixing. These admixtures are generally used for the following reasons.
- Accelerators to speed up the hydration (hardening) of the concrete. Accelerating admixtures are especially useful for modifying the concrete in cold weather.
- Retarders slow the hydration of concrete where partial setting before the pour is complete is undesirable.
- Plasticisers increase the workability of plastic or “fresh” concrete, allowing it to be placed more easily, with less effort.
- Pigments can be used to change the colour of concrete, for aesthetics.
- Corrosion inhibitors to minimize the corrosion of steel and steel bars in concrete.
- Pumping aids improve pumping, helps the thickening and reduce separation.
Does Admixture Need to Be Bunded?
Enduramaxx’s bunded Admixture Tanks are available up to 30,000 litres for the processing and storage of bulk liquid admixture. These bunded tanks are a ‘tank within a tank’ contain a minimum of 110% of the volume of the inner tank and provide secondary commitment as requested by the HSE. Single wall tanks are available for installations which the tanks are being put in a bund. In these cases, the natural tanks show the level of the liquid in the tank through the tank wall.
Customisation of Admixture Tanks
These plastic tanks are rotational moulded mid-density polyethene. These one-piece moulded tanks are UV stabilised for many years of outside use. Options for this tanks include industrial mixers, liquid level sensor assemblies, tanker fill pipes, fittings including PN16 and ANSI flanges and vents.
View our admix storage tanks online here
Water Storage Tanks for Concrete Batching Plants
Enduramaxx manufactures a range of bulk water tanks up to 100,000 litres for concrete plants which include Fluid Category 5 AB Gap tanks. These tanks comply with the water boards requirements for air gap tanks when connecting to the mains water.
View our water storage tanks here.
For pricing and customisation requests for buffer storage tanks for data centres please contact our sales team or email email@example.com.